Nest Estate Agent is the Data Controller, or contact details are:
Address: 52 Vicar Street, Falkirk, FK1 1JB
Telephone: 01324 228299
Legal basis for using your information
We will only collect and use your information where we have a valid reason to do so under the General Data Protection regulation (GDPR). The following are the reasons for using your information.
- Contract– We have a contract with you to deliver a service to you. In order to perform and administer that contract we need certain information from you, for example your contact details.
- Legal Basis– In some circumstances we are permitted by law to process your information. We need certain information from you in order to meet our legal obligations, such as proof of identity. This enables us to meet fraud obligations.
- Legitimate interests to protect our business– We may use your information for our legitimate business interests provided that we are open with you about this. Our business interest are complying with regulatory and business standards including our complaints process.
Information we collect
We will only ever collect the minimum amount of information to allow us to provide you with the agreed upon service. These are examples of the information we may collect:
- Contact details including telephone numbers and email address
Who we share information with
Your personal data may be shared with other institutions and organisations. These are:
- The Property Ombudsman – in the course of handling and investigation complaints that have been raised with them.
Storing your information
We will keep your information for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once this relationship has reaches an end, we will retain your personal information that enables us to deal with any complaints regarding our services. We will delete your information when it is no longer required for this purpose.
Under data protection law, you have rights we need to make you aware of. The rights available to you depend on our reason for processing your information.
Your right of access
You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information. This right always applies. For security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing you with any information we may hold about you.
Your right to rectification
You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete. This right always applies.
Your right to erasure
You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing
You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances
Your right to object to processing
You have the right to object to processing if we are able to process your information for our legitimate interests.
Your right to data portability
This only applies to information you have given us. You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us from one organisation to another or give it to you. The right only applies if we are processing information based on your consent or under, or in talks about entering into a contract and the processing is automated.
If you are unhappy with any aspect of the service we provide, please let us know by contacting us using the details noted in the first section. You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner whose contact details can be located on their website at www.ico.org.uk/global/contact-us